As some of you know, I got my degree in Early Childhood Education. I had such a difficult time finding a teaching job, and God gave me the wonderful opportunity to work for a general contracting company. You can read about how that all came about in this post, but today, I wanted to share with you some of the things I've learned while in this position:
1. When you are in charge of the bosses schedule, any little mix up is ALWAYS your fault. Even if it is not your fault in any way (you were just following directions).
2. The mail man, FedEx man, and bank teller are your best friends. I'm on a first name basis with each of them, and want to give them Easter presents!
3. Smile-always. It makes everybody happy.
4. Sometimes, like this morning, people get angry when they leave your a voice mail and you return their phone calls at an inconvenient time.
5. You are expected to remember every conversation, email, snail mail, etc. that comes across your desk. And, most of the time? That piece of info their looking for is right where it's supposed to be. :)
6. When working in an office where you are 1 of 3 girls, NEVER go near the boys bathroom. It's normally stinky.
7. Working in this position is so rewarding. I get the opportunity to directly help the whole company, and I love it.
8. I need to exercise a lot more working here than at a school. Teaching, I was constantly moving...but here? I'm sitting on my booty allll day long!
9. I am thankful for such an amazing "family" to work with. What other job would give me two weeks off to go to Africa on a mission trip when I've worked for the company for 6 months? I'm so thankful!
10. I really wanted this list to be funnier, but whatever! And, as you can see, I couldn't think of a 10th thing...but really didn't want to leave the list at 9. :)